Sunday, June 12, 2011

Walgreens: No Register Rewards?


Today at my local Walgreens the register rewards did not print for the Air Freshner Kit – $7.99, and we tried MANY different Airwicks & Lysol thinking the ad may be incorrect - STILL NOTHING PRINTED. So my reason of writing is to cover what happens if the Register Rewards owed to you is not printing:
  • The first I do if I am making a purchase with register rewards back is ask the cashier if the Register Rewards machine is printing.  You can also check to see if the light is green.  I make this my first step before I line my transactions up.  Better be safe than sorry, right?  This actually happened to me once, and since then I learned to ALWAYS ask first!
  • Make sure you purchased the correct item. Don't just look at the picture, but read the description.  For me putting them side by side helps a lot - I can see what I am comparing to. 
  • Confirm you did not use a register rewards of the same product to pay for the same product. For example: Proglide Fusion is giving $5 RR, but you can not use that $5RR to get another $5RR from Proglide on the next transaction.  Also, if you use the Proglide $5RR to purchase Tide with $3 RR in return then you WILL NOT receive RR from Tide.  Both products are from the same company/maker.  You will need to use the $5RR to buy something else that is not from the same company/maker and if that product has RR then you can use that towards your next Proglide.
  • Confirm you have met the threshold for the Register Rewards to kick in. For example - last week with the Gillette deal: Spend $30 and receive $10 RR.  Now if you did not meet that threshold then this could be the problem. If your total was $29.99 you will not get the $10 RR.  
  • Lastly - you can either return everything and make your purchase another day or give the Catalina people a buzz at 888-8COUPON! When you call them just tell them what happened and have your receipt handy.  I have always taken care of it at the store level, and never had to call them (yet).  
For me - Walgreens offer a lot of great deals, but take a little longer because you have to work out a plan if you are using register rewards. Also, lately there has been some hiccups with the register rewards, but over all it's a great store to help you save $$$. 

If you have any questions , please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...